CHESAPEAKE UROLOGY - THE NATION’S PREMIER UROLOGY PRACTICE
Chesapeake Urology Associates is the largest urology practice in Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic region, and one of the leading urology practices in the nation. We offer patients the most advanced urologic care available today and serve men, women and children in Maryland, as well as people from other parts of the country.
Chesapeake Urology's 63 physicians, 14 physician assistants and three patient navigators work throughout our 20 medical offices and 14 AAAHC-certified ambulatory surgery centers located throughout Maryland to provide superior care to each patient.
We are dedicated to clinical excellence and cutting-edge research. More than 20 of our urologists have extensive fellowship training in areas such as endourology, male reproductive medicine, neurology/voiding dysfunction, laparoscopy, robotics and urologic oncology.
Our physician staff is a blend of experienced urologists with long careers, numerous accolades and broad vision, who are here to mentor and support our up and coming, younger physicians, trained in the latest state-of-the-art techniques and filled with new ideas and passion. Our nursing, research and support staff also are outstanding.
CHESAPEAKE UROLOGY FIRSTS
- Chesapeake Urology’s Large, Complex Kidney Stone program, with Director Julio G. Davalos, M.D., is the first and only practice in the nation to offer patients tubeless PCNL surgery in our Summit Ambulatory Surgical Center.
- Our urologists were the first in Baltimore to offer da Vinci robotic surgery on a community hospital level so that more men having prostatectomies could have the benefits of a faster recovery, less blood loss and fewer complications. Chesapeake Urology surgeons have performed more da Vinci robotic surgeries than any other group of urologists in the area - more than 1,000 procedures - providing our patients with the reassurance that they are in the hands of surgeons with the utmost expertise.
- Chesapeake Urology surgeons performed the first robotic cystectomy in Maryland.
- Chesapeake Urology surgeons were also the first in the Mid-Atlantic region to remove a kidney stone percutaneously and the first to implant a penile prosthesis.
CHESAPEAKE UROLOGY CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE
- Prostate Cancer Center
- Center for Advanced Continence Care
- Vasectomy Reversal Center of America
- Chesapeake Aesthetic Surgery
- Chesapeake Urology Research Associates (60+ active clinical trials)
- Infusion Therapy Center
- Summit Ambulatory Surgical Center (14 centers)
- Patient Assistance Center
- 3-D Ultrasound/MRI Fusion Biopsy
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Androgen Deprivation Clinic
- Advanced Kidney Stone Program
- PCNL/Tubeless PCNL
- Medical Metabolic Management
- Minimally Invasive Surgery & Robotics
- Reconstructive Urology & Trauma
- Male Reproductive Medicine, Surgery & Sexuality
- Penile Injection Clinic
- Women’s Urology & Urogynecology
- Pediatric Urology
PHYSICIAN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
- 14 Chiefs of Urology in local hospitals
- Chief of Genitourinary Oncology, U of MD Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- Director, Urologic Oncology Institute, U of MD St. Joseph Medical Center
- Maryland Chairman, Division of Surgical Specialties, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- Chief of Staff, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- Chair, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, GBMC
- Principal Investigator/Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, St. Agnes Hospital
- Urologic Consultant, Baltimore Ravens
- Urologic Consultant, Baltimore Orioles
COMMITMENT TO CLINICAL EXCELLENCE
- Fully Implemented Electronic Health Records (since 2004)
- Fully Implemented Medicare PQRI and ePrescribe
- Dedicated Chief Medical Officers
- Dedicated Compliance Officer
- Physician Oversight Committee
- Monthly M&M and Grand Rounds
- Journal Club
- Physician Mentoring Program
- Physician 360 Reviews
- AAAHC Accreditation
- QA/QI Committee
AMBULATORY SURGICAL CENTERS
Surgeries performed include:
- Tubeless Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- 3D Ultrasound/MRI Fusion Biopsy for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Biopsy (TRUS)
- Brachytherapy for prostate cancer
- Orchiectomy for testicular cancer
- Circumcision; Circumcision Repair
- Genital Surgery
- Minimally invasive treatments for BPH
- Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversal
- Penile Prosthesis
- Artificial Sphincter
- Pediatric Surgery
CHESAPEAKE UROLOGY RESEARCH ASSOCIATES (CURA)
Ronald Tutrone, MD, Medical Director, has conducted more than 200 Phase I, II and III clinical trials covering a range of urologic conditions. Chesapeake Urology Research Associates (CURA) is a leading research group among U.S. urology practices. Currently more than 60 active clinical trials dealing with the prevention and treatment of urologic conditions in six locations are available. CURA staff consists of experienced principal investigators and IATA-certified clinical research coordinators who are dedicated to superior patient care.
Clinical trials are offered for:
- Bladder Cancer
- BPH (Enlarged Prostate)
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Bladder
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Prostate Cancer (Currently conducting more than 30 clinical trials)
- Stress Urinary Incontinence
Learn more about Chesapeake Urology, our physicians, locations, and comprehensive urologic care - visit www.chesapeakeurology.com.