Chesapeake Urology's new Summit Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC), located in Hanover, Md., is a state-of-the-art, 7,329 square-foot surgery center that includes four surgical suites with a fully integrated operating room. The ASC is staffed by a specially trained, dedicated team for PCNL and ureteroscopy (URS) surgeries.
Special Features of the Hanover ASC include:
- An over-sized integrated operating room featuring state-of-the-art simultaneous scope video capabilities with six flat panel wall and boom monitors.
- High-powered Lumenis Holmium lasers (100W and P120W).
- Digital flexible videoscopes for both ureteroscopy (URS) and PCNL.
- Capacity for four PCNL cases a day and up to eight URS procedures a day.
- Annual case volume to exceed 100 PCNLs and 100 URS cases.
14 AAAHC Accredited Ambulatory Surgery Centers Throughout Maryland
Summit Ambulatory Surgery Centers offer patients high quality care in a comfortable, private setting. Our surgical staff consists of specialty-trained surgical nurses and board-certified anesthesiologists. We have the latest state-of-the-art equipment and can accommodate a variety of procedures requiring either local or general anesthesia. Because we strive for the highest quality of care, our ambulatory surgery centers are certified by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, which measures the quality of performance of each center and identifies us with the AAAHC symbol of excellence.
Surgeries performed in Summit ASC outpatient settings include:
- Brachytherapy for prostate cancer
- Orchiecetomy for testicular cancer
- Prostate biopsy (TRUS)
- 3D Ultrasound/MRI Fusion Biopsy for prostate cancer
- Microsurgical vasectomy reversal
- Genital surgery
- Circumcision and circumcision repair
- Minimally invasive surgical treatments for BPH
- ESWL (extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy for kidney stones)
- Penile prosthesis
- Artificial sphincter
- Pediatric surgery
Our mission is to provide compassionate, ethical surgical care in a comfortable and supportive environment.